Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chocolate Easter Eggs



As Easter approaches and the same old chocolate bunnies line the shelves at Target, I’m creating originals here at home with my Food Contact ComposiMold.


One of the most convenient things about ComposiMold is that it is reusable. Sometimes you have to experiment to find what works best for each mold. The first Easter Egg mold I made taught me a few lessons that I applied to my second, which was a success.


First I sealed the two halves of the plastic egg with hot glue so the ComposiMold didn’t seep into the egg. Then a glued a drinking straw to the top of the egg so I would have an opening in my mold to pour my chocolate into.


I used a small dot of hot glue on the bottom of the plastic egg and anchored it to the bottom of my mold-box.


I melted my ComposiMold FC as per instructions and poured it around my master and over the top by at least ½”.


After the mold cooled I made a careful slice across the top of the mold and about half way down each side. This makes for easy removal of my master and then also for my chocolate casts.


I taped the sides of my mold shut and got creative with chocolate, alternating between the white and the dark chocolate.


As you can see in the photo below I was able to get the splatter effect by squirting the melted chocolate out of a squeeze bottle.


I only made three Easter Egg casts today but the design possibilities are endless. Nine more to make a dozen!


-Michelle



For More Information visit:www.ComposiMold.comwww.Facebook.com/ComposiMoldwww.YouTube.com/ComposiMoldorder atwww.ComposiTherm.com

For More Information visit:www.ComposiMold.comwww.Facebook.com/ComposiMoldwww.YouTube.com/ComposiMoldorder atwww.ComposiTherm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy Mold Making and Casting with ComposiMold, ImPRESSive Putty, and EpoxyColors