Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do me a (wedding) favor.

 


It’s that season again! And for you Do-It-Yourself-ers it's time to get some ComposiMold and create unique, handmade party favors. In my molding example this week I will show you how to make your very own soap in the shape of a clamshell. It’s perfect for a coastal wedding and can be dyed to match any wedding color scheme!

As demonstrated in the photo below, your seashell will float if not anchored down properly. You could re-melt that mold and start over or you could pour a little more ComposiMold over the top of the shell to reinforce the thin spot. I chose the latter.


In the photo below you can see the underside of the mold. Next time I will fill the underside of the shell with clay to anchor it and fill that cavity.

This next photo is the mold after the shell was removed. It’s ready to take my casting material.


I melted white glycerin soap per product instructions and added 3 drops of red food coloring and 2 drops of blue. This makes the light purple I wanted. I also added dried lavender and a few drops of essential oil of lavender. So this giveaway not only looks pretty, it smells amazing!


Present this favor in a small bag as a placeholder or in a basket at the door for people to take as they leave your reception. And remember Shelly sells sassy soap seashells at the seashore. Say that 2 times fast!

-Michelle


 For More Information visit: www.ComposiMold.com www.Facebook.com/ComposiMold www.YouTube.com/ComposiMold order at www.ComposiTherm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy Mold Making and Casting with ComposiMold, ImPRESSive Putty, and EpoxyColors