Thursday, December 17, 2009

Casting a Doll's Head with ComposiMold and Polyurethane

By itself, the doll head looks pretty creepy.

This plastic casting was made in the ComposiMold flexible mold. About 10 to 15 percent by weight of glass microballoons was added into the polyurethane resin. The filler material is a nice way of getting more casts with the polyurethane since the filler is much less expensive than the polyurethane.

The ComposiMold mold making material is not expensive over the number of different molds. I have used the same ComposiMold for this doll head, the previous Santa and the man figurine.

Let me know if you have any questions on what I did.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.