Saturday, January 26, 2013

Polyurethane Resin Casting Material


We are always offering new products on our website including this polyurethane resin casting material called ProtoCast. I used it this morning and had great results. The color is a bright white and the surface of my cast is very smooth.


I mixed Component A and Component B by volume which means you can mix it 1:1. You can also mix it by weight which is 100 parts Component A to 86 parts Component B. Easy! I waited 20 minutes and it had cured perfectly at room temperature.

Note: If you are making a large cast, I would recommend cooling the mold in the freezer (or wrapping a larger mold in ice packs) once you pour the ProtoCast. This will slow down the curing process which produces heat that could compromise the integrity of your mold. 

Keep checking back to our website to see what kind of new products we've added. And never hesitate to let us know what else you might need for your molding and casting projects.

Happy Mold Making ~Michelle

For More Information visit: www.ComposiMold.com www.Facebook.com/ComposiMold www.YouTube.com/ComposiMold order at www.ComposiTherm.com

3 comments:

  1. I'm started to appreciate the art in molding, that's why I keep on searching for the mold making supplies that I can use in my art class. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this data. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it exceptionally fascinating and enlightening. I can hardly wait to peruse loads of your posts. SPRAY ON BEDLINER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    Black ERE
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy Mold Making and Casting with ComposiMold, ImPRESSive Putty, and EpoxyColors