Friday, August 17, 2012

Electrical Wall Plate Cover Duplicated!

 In this demonstration I will show you how to duplicate an electrical wall plate cover. 

I can think of a few reasons why you might need to do this; the stores don't make the one you need anymore, you broke one when tightening the screws, or you'd like to replace the dated ones in your home and would rather not spend the money. 

You could also cast these in plaster and hand paint them for a really unique look!

Follow the steps below and Happy Mold Making! ~Michelle



I smoothed clay onto the back of the wall plate cover.

The weight of the clay will hold the plate down in my mold box.

I used straws to keep the screw holes open and I used clay to keep the switch holes open.
Then I poured my melted ComposiMold over my prepared electrical wall plate cover.

Here is my solidified mold.

I spread powder into my mold as a mold release.



Then I patiently watch the ComposiCast harden.

The ComposiCast hardens in less than 30 minutes.

So with a little clean-up I've got myself a duplicate electrical wall plate cover!


For More Information visit: www.ComposiMold.com www.Facebook.com/ComposiMold www.YouTube.com/ComposiMold order at www.ComposiTherm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy Mold Making and Casting with ComposiMold, ImPRESSive Putty, and EpoxyColors